Sep 22, 2003
Pros: St. James's Park
Highlights (and not so) from this trip...
1) If you ever go to Singapore, make a trip out to 11 Lorong Geylang
(nearest MRT is Kallang) look out on the corner for Kim Kee Food
Junction, where you can try some yummy bullfrog porridge (really!!)
2) If you decide to go crazy like I did and blow a third of your
trip money on the first day, then you can't miss Orchard Rd shopping
in Singapore. I literally could not stop myself from continuously
3) What is it with London and public toilets? paticularly at St
Paul's Cathedral? I was completely busting, and desperate to find
a toilet, and after crap directions from everybody around me, I
was so tempted to do a squatter in the courtyard (it was 7am, Sunday)
, it was ridiculous, then I thought no, wandered around for about
ten more minutes..dying at this stage, found a bloody toilet, and
you had to pay 20 pence, one of those standalone units, if u don't
finish in 15 mins the door opens deal and it was completely grotty!
so lesson in london... never leave it until you really need to go...
4) People here don't seem to understand me, i don't know if it's
my accent, but i think it's just me. I get blank stares, or "what"?
like I am some freak speaking in a completely different dialect.
5)Vegging out in St James Park was awesome, so tempted to fall asleep
after being slee[ deprived! gorgeous day in London, it was actually
sunny , and clear blue skies - squirrels running around. Bad thing
was , there were zillion tourists zipping around which made it hard
to see anything being so vertically challenged as I am. It was actually
open day at Houses of Parliament, and heaps of celebrations for
the anniversary of Battle of Britain.
6) Chinatown in London,,gotta get to I think Lisle Street, definitely
some good Yum Cha places, Newport st had some good shops. Tiny little
shops with so many people squeezed in!
7) Quaint Gabriela's peir along the River Thames..some funky shops!